Hello there Nap Time Crafters friends! I am Kirstin, half of the sister team that blogs over at kojodesigns, and I'm thrilled to be here today.
For our Bundle of Joy post, my sister Jordan and I thought we'd put together a list of New Mama Must Have's. These are the things that we (and our friends and blog friends!) found to be indispensable in those foggy newborn-baby days. A quick disclaimer before we start- not all of these items were helpful with all of our babies (there are five little ones between the two of us), because, you guessed it, all babies are different. But if we had to buy everything again, this is where we'd start.
1. Nursing cover (by Ninnie's Nappies, shown- several tutorials for making your own here).
3. A supercute, could-be-mistaken-for-a-purse diaper bag. I made a diaper bags for both of my sisters and myself and would highly recommend this tutorial.
5. Wipes case/changing station (this one's by JJ Cole). If you want to make your own, our changing pad caddy tutorial is here.
6. Kiddopotamus (swaddler for dummies). Just FYI- Jord swears by blankets with a little stretch, but I am less than proficient at swaddling, so these things saved my life.
7. Soothies pacifiers.
8. Phil and Ted Stroller. If I had to choose just one New Mama item, I think this would be it. The number of walking and running miles put on this stroller must be in the hundreds by now- plus it is a double stroller that fits in the trunk of my car (not SUV, car). Love.
9. Bjorn/Hot Sling (pictured).
10. A whole pile of burp rags and receiving blankets.
11. Open bottom layettes (this one is by Baby Star... cute, right?).
12. Medela Breast Pump. Getting Burke enough food that first month was, how do I say this, tricky. Much trickier than I'd anticipated. And the Medela was a life saver for me.
13. Sandra Boynton board books.
14. Nursing tanks- lots of them (the one shown is Glamourmom).
A few other things that we haven't tried, but our friends swear by-comfy gown with easy access, wine, chocolate, coffee, a nightlight, a Moby wrap, Lanolin cream, baby swing, video monitor, and a Maya wrap.
What about you? What was indispensable to you in those foggy brand-new-baby days?
What a fantastic list! Thanks so much ladies!