Need a fun spring accessory? You can whip up this woven headband in no time! And then embellish to your heart's content:)
Something about a 4 strand braid really makes me happy! It's simple to do but has so much more punch than our good friend the 3 strand braid.
The perfect finishing touch for any outfit
And in case you're wondering- this darling little girl isn't mine. She was helping me model the Clara Dress (pattern for sale here) and I made her a headband to go with it just for fun:)
Ready to make your own?
- Cut 4 pieces of fabric- 1.25" wide x Double your desired finished length. You'll also need 2 strips for the ties and 4 circles for the flower (mine were about 2" across)
Sew the strips together along the long edges with right sides together. Attach a safety pin to one end and then guide it back through the strap to turn right side out.
2. For the actual braiding I just went for it and wove them together. But if you're more of a visual person this might help:
3. On each end leave 1 piece hanging out about 3". When you're finished braiding sew across the ends to hold everything in place and then sew a tie to each end of the braid (my ties are cream and the tail piece is in purple).
4. Wrap the extra tail piece around the end of the braid to hide your work and then sew in place by hand or use your hot glue gun
5. Now you can embellish! I did a simple pleat on each of my 4 circles
And then hot glued them to the headband to form a flower. A little button on top and it was ready to go!
6. If you want you can hot glue some non-slip fabric or shelf liner to the back to help keep the headband in place.
Happy sewing and happy spring!