Nothings says Merry Christmas like a jolly little elf!
I made these as a gift for my friend's newborn so I don't have any photos of them actually on a little elf, but I'm sure you can imagine how much cuter it would be on a nice chubby baby:)
Everything is made of fleece so it's a nice quick project and super comfy and warm for the elf!
1. Cut out your pieces- I had a pattern piece for you and then it vanished (bummer!). But I promise you can still do it without one. Here's what you need:
- 4 hat pieces: 2 red and 2 green. Leave enough room along the bottom to turn the fringe up
-4 soles: 2 red and 2 green. Just a basic foot shape with a pointed toe.
-2 Outer Bootie Pieces: Measure your sole from heel to toe (going around the outside not straight up the middle) and that should be length of your bootie from the centerpoint to where it starts to curve upward for the curly toe
-2 Liner Booties Pieces: Cut the same size as the outer piece but then trim down the toe or it will be too hard to slip inside at the end
- Jingle bells:)
Let's start with the hat
1. Sew your hat pieces together along the side seams. Repeat with the liner
2. With wrong sides together slide the hat and hat liner together and top stitch along the fringe.
Turn up the fringe and sew on a jingle bell and you're done!
Now for the booties- my favorite part:)
1. Fold each bootie piece in half and sew up the curly toe and front, leaving the fringe and bottom open.
Repeat with the liner except you have a sloped toe instead of a curly one
2. With right sides together sew the soles onto the outer pieces and the liner pieces. The seam from the last step should be right at the point of your sole (sorry- no picture for this step)
3. With wrong sides together slide the liners into the outer booties. If your toe seems a bit floppy you can stuff some polyfill in it first. Top stitch the fringe together.
4. Add a bell to each toe, flip the fringe down and you're finished!
These really were pretty quick and you don't have to worry about getting a perfect fit (I know you really just want them for a cute picture with Santa right??? And he won't judge)
If you have any questions just leave a comment and I'll answer them in the comment section so everyone else can see too
***If you do make these and want to share a pic. of your cute babe all dressed up send it along and I'll add it to this post:)***