Can you believe it's already time to decorate for Halloween?! I guess I better get a move on with the Halloween costumes- yikes!
I finally accepted that summer is over and took down my Watermelon door hanger and I couldn't leave our door bare for long!
Enter the Spooky Door Hanger...
Really dresses up our front door and gets me in the mood for Fall!
I thought it turned out a bit skewampish, but the hubs actually complimented me on this project (without the usual hints...) so I decided to just leave it and learn to love it:)
Ready to make your own?
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 8" embroidery hoops
- 3 9" fabric scraps
- Fabric scraps for embellishing
- Craft Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Paint the outside ring of each embroidery hoop- don't worry about the inside one b/c it won't show
2. I did reverse applique for my letters and it was actually much easier than I thought it would be! Pin your fabric scrap wrong side up to the wrong side of your 9" fabric piece. Trace your letters onto the wrong side of your fabric scrap (make sure it's backwards) and then stitch around it, sewing through both layers of fabric
3. Trim the excess fabric away from the front side making sure you only cut through the top layer of fabric. (sorry about the sideways picture...)
4. Put each fabric piece inside the embroidery hoop and hot glue the fabric edges to the back
5. Arrange your embroidery hoops and hot glue together
6. Hot glue a safety pin to the back of the top 2 to use for hanging.
7. Thread your ribbon through and enjoy!