I fell in love with the Florbella Dress from crewcuts
But it's $46, which is a bit steep for a play dress. And I'm really loving the stripes I used in my version!
The perfect little dress for playing around!
Ready to make your own???
- Old Tee: I used a small to make a 12-18 mos. size and it would work for smaller sizes too. For much bigger I'd get a bigger tee
- Sewing Supplies
1. Lay a dress that fits well on top of the tee and trim it down- you can make it wider for a more gathered look (that was the full width of my tee). Save the scraps for later
2. If your neck hole seems too big you can take it in at the shoulders. With right sides together sew up the side seams.
3. Use the sleeves you cut off to make your new, smaller sleeves. Keep the original hem. With right sides together sew up the side seam.
4. Right sides together attach the sleeves to the dress
You could be done now if you want:)
5. Use a scrap from the bottom to make a casing for the elastic. Just cut it a bit wider than the elastic and sew it to the inside of the dress along the top and bottom edge. Go all the way around, but leave an opening at the side seam. Thread the elastic through and secure the ends together.
6. Fold the bottom edge over twice and hem.
7. Add a little flower to the top of the dress. I made mine by cutting 3 small triangles and 3 large. I gathered the bottom edges, layered them and sewed it straight to the shirt.
8. Sew little ribbon ties to each side to create the drawstring look- since knits don't fray I just used a strip of fabric and left the edges raw
Have fun playing!
1 Shirt saved from the donation pile, 1 stylin' tot, & 1 happy momma!
This post sponsored by: