Have some old shirts hanging around? Turn them into a dress for your little darling!
With lots of ruffles and girly fun
1. Lay out a dress that fits well and use it as a guide for making your pieces. Use the full width of the shirt for the skirt portion. The sleeves are made from the bottom portion of the sleeves.
2. Cut out all the pieces. You need 6 strips of the fabric for the ruffles
6. Stitch each ruffle onto the bodice starting with the outermost ruffle- I did 3 on each side. Once the ruffles are in place top stitch a placket in place over the raw edge of the innermost ruffle.
7. Gather the top of each sleeve.
8. With the bodice inside out and the sleeve right side out pin the sleeve in place and stitch.
8. Gather the skirt
9. Slide the skirt onto the bodice with right sides together and stitch.
10. Fold the edges over twice and hem the bottom of the skirt
Want to make the boots?