Warning- if you make this you may become completely addicted and carry it around like a baby. My mom wants to get a baby sling for hers:) Seriously all jokes aside- let me introduce you to:
Ready to get started? Here's what you'll need:
- 4 cups Feed corn (NOT pop corn. You can find it at farm type stores)
- 1/3 yard fabric or 2 washcloths
- Sewing Machine
1. Measure out your corn and put it in something with an easy pour spout. Cut your fabric into a nice long rectangle- mine measured 10x24", but you can play around with the size (If you're using washcloths skip ahead)
2. If you want to add a little extra something to your bed buddy applique on an initial or something fun
3. With your fabric right sides together sew around the edges leaving a 3"ish gap, so you can pour the corn in. I went around once with a straight stitch and then around again in zig-zag to reinforce it.4. Flip right side out, fill with corn and then topstitch the opening shut. Enjoy!
*Heating Instructions: In my tiny old microwave it takes about 3 minutes, but in a nice microwave only about a minute, so start low and work your way up. It will burn if you're not careful!!
*Breaking it in: the first few times you use it, it will smell and sweat. Ewww, but I promise after a couple times it will be broken in and ready to go. I've had the same one for over 10 years and it still works great! If you're giving it as a gift you should probably break it in first:)