Do you have a little girl whose dying to cheer on your team? Never fear- you can bust out this outfit in time for game day.
And you know she'll just love it:)
- Team Fabric (I used a 42 x 9" piece. Little miss has a 19" waist, so use a little more than double your girly's waist measurement and then pick whatever length you want)
- Double sided fusible web (optional)
2. Using a basting stitch, stitch all of your pleats into place
3. Pin your skirt right sides together and sew up the side seam- I only had one, but if you are making this in a bigger size you might have seams on each side instead of just the one in the back. Anyway make sure your pattern matches up (I may have goofed this up the first time around...)
4. Hem the bottom end by folding over twice and topstitching.
5. Ok- I accidently deleted a few pictures and then it was all put together and on little miss, so this will have to do. Sorry about the belly button:) Slip your skirt over a t-shirt (I trimmed a bit off the bottom), so that they are right sides together and then stitch down.
6. This part is totally optional. I cut a little logo out of the fabric and then ironed it down with my double-sided fusible web. I didn't even stitch it down since this outfit probably won't be worn super often. I think it adds a nice little touch without too much more work: