I love candy corn! It is so yummy and pretty much the cutest candy- especially when little miss is the one wearing the shirt:) Really though- doesn't it just get you in the mood for Halloween?
- T-shirt (mine is from the Dollar Tree)
- Fabric scraps in brown, yellow, orange, and white
- Black embroidery floss (optional)
- Sewing supplies
- Candy Corn- 6" wide x 5" tall
- Yellow- 8"x3"
- Orange- 7"x3"
- White- 5"x4"
2. Fold each strip in half right sides together and sew around 3 of the edges
3. Turn each strip right side out, tuck in the ends and top stitch shut
4. Add a row of basting stitches to each strip about 1/2" from the top. Gather until each strip is the correct width to fit your candy corn piece.
5. Pin the gathered white section to the candy corn and sew the sides and top (right over your basting stitches) to the candy corn- make sure you leave enough room around the edge to sew your candy corn to the shirt. Repeat with the orange and yellow sections.
6. Stitch your candy corn to the shirt using a zig-zag or applique stitch. (Make sure you only sew onto the top layer of the shirt!) Sorry the stitches don't really show up in that picture, but I promise it's pretty easy.
7. If you want to add a little extra something- you know I did:) then use your embroidery floss to add "Trick or Treat" below the candy corn.(there were a few rough patches along the way as usual), but now little miss and I are set for Halloween and can't wait:)